cheesy chicken tortellini
lately taylor has been acting very picky about eating her vegetables. so much so, that i've had to start incorporating them into "one pot" meals. if i pile up some broccoli on her plate, you can count it out. but let me mix in some pasta and there's not an ounce left over. this little number seemed to be a favorite. give it a go if your little is acting "allergic to mushrooms". LOL (yes, she actually said that.) i would suggest cutting up your veggies much smaller if you have one of those "if i see it, i'm not eating it" types.
- 2lbs skinless chicken breast or tenders, cubed
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped
- 48 ounces chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- 1, 20 ounce package of buitoni 3 cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- season cubed chicken with old bay and 1 tblsp garlic powder, set aside
- saute chicken in olive oil until golden, remove from pan
- bring chicken stock to low boil, then add in tortellini. cook as directed. put cooked pasta in a bowl and set aside. reserve 1.5 cups of chicken stock.
- saute mushrooms for 3 minutes in olive oil & 3 tablespoons of chicken stock
- add in chopped spinach, 1 tblsp garlic powder, salt & pepper. cook until spinach is just wilted. remove from heat
- combine reserved chicken stock with cream cheese in a sauce pan, stirring until incorporated
- combine sauce, parmesan, chicken & veggies with tortellini in pot on low heat
- stir occasionally, until cheese is completed melted
*for a baked version, cook the tortellini to 50% done, and add 1/4 cup more chicken stock. put combined mixture in baking dish, top with more parmesan, and bake on 350 degrees until cheese is lightly golden.